Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
11-27-2017, 02:43 AM,
Hi
Hi, I just joined the forum, been enjoying the articles and studies on the site. I'm an inactive Jehovah's Witness, been reading the Studies in the Scriptures , enjoying what I'm learning. Some things are still a bit unclear, but I'm sure you'll be able to clear them up for me Big Grin
11-28-2017, 12:52 PM,
RE: Hi
Welcome to the forum Berean, feel free to ask questions and or chime in on existing threads.

RR
"For am I now trying to win the favor of people, or God? Or am I striving to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a slave of Christ." - Galatians 1:10 HCSB
11-28-2017, 11:37 PM,
Welcome to the forum Berean.
11-29-2017, 09:53 AM,
(11-28-2017, 11:37 PM)Broken2 Wrote: Welcome to the forum Berean.

Wow .... He lives!
"For am I now trying to win the favor of people, or God? Or am I striving to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a slave of Christ." - Galatians 1:10 HCSB
11-30-2017, 09:03 AM,
Yes I’m still alive; I’ve just been a bit busy with my study on the Great Pyramid, it takes time to put together the right photos and or diagrams with the right information, and in most cases I have to use Photoshop and illustrate the material myself. Which brings up the question, what happened to the thread about the Great Pyramid?

I realize to some it’s just a “pile of rocks”, pun intended, ha, ha!, but if one truly believes as you yourself have attested to on numerous occasions that Pastor Russell was indeed “that servant” whom the Lord specifically chose to give to the household its “meat in due season”, which we (as Bible Students) believe was thoroughly expounded in the Studies in the Scriptures series, then we must likewise assume that everything contained in those Volumes must have been approved of by the Lord, (including mistakes and corrections) otherwise he would have chosen a more faithful servant to be the dispenser of this “goods”.

I’m pretty sure I have heard you make the statement before when speaking on the Dawn and their practice of changing and/or removing certain information in the Volumes that you believed this was wrong, that neither we nor the Dawn are at liberty to pick and choose what is or is not pertinent. If we truly believe that the Pastor was indeed “that servant”, and that he was proven faithful in all his charge then we would have to believe that he neither added nor withhold anything which he believed would prove helpful to the Lord’s consecrated people here at the end of the age.

Perhaps a little quote of yours from a while back might prove helpful,

“As we near the end and the little flock decreases, their influence on the majority of the brethren, who by this time will be of the great company, will no longer have an effect. After all the great company becomes a great company due to they’re having a mind of their own and NOT the mind of Christ. They reject the sound counsel of the Elias class, as unfounded, outdated and of no value.”

I agree, especially with the highlighted statement. Are we to assume that the Pastors inclusion of the study on the Great Pyramid in the Volumes is unnecessary and of no value?

I have noted over my years as a Bible Student that the majority of those who were once JW’s have the most difficulty with the Great Pyramid, not just in understanding its significance, but in simply accepting it as God’s “stone witness”, this despite all the evidences presented.

As a former JW perhaps you can enlighten me as to what exactly it is that the organization taught in respects to the pyramid that so prejudices the mind against this subject.

Nevertheless I wish to make it abundantly clear, that I fully agree that one can receive everything necessary both in the knowledge and in the graces of our Lord Jesus (i.e. the Divine Plan, for our Lord is the embodiment of that plan) straight from the scriptures without knowing anything in regards to the pyramid, this is a proven fact, the Great Pyramid serves only as a collaborating witness to the testimony of the scriptures and is given as a bonus to those who would receive its testimony at this time. The world will likewise receive its testimony in due time “in that day” i.e. the millennial day.

Your servant, Brother John
11-30-2017, 12:19 PM,
Hi John,

Broken2 Wrote:I realize to some it’s just a “pile of rocks”, pun intended, ha, ha!, but if one truly believes as you yourself have attested to on numerous occasions that Pastor Russell was indeed “that servant” whom the Lord specifically chose to give to the household its “meat in due season”, which we (as Bible Students) believe was thoroughly expounded in the Studies in the Scriptures series, then we must likewise assume that everything contained in those Volumes must have been approved of by the Lord, (including mistakes and corrections) otherwise he would have chosen a more faithful servant to be the dispenser of this “goods”.

I've often referred to the Great Pyramid as a "pile of rocks". It's not that I don't believe it. Remember, the Pastor only dedicated one chapter to the Great Pyramid, so it wasn't on the top of his list. I think it's interesting and that it is the "Bible in Stone", but I don't spend a whole lot of time on it.  I rather spend time on doctrinal and character studies, the Scriptures are my guide, not the pyramid. 

Broken2 Wrote:I have noted over my years as a Bible Student that the majority of those who were once JW’s have the most difficulty with the Great Pyramid, not just in understanding its significance, but in simply accepting it as God’s “stone witness”, this despite all the evidences presented. As a former JW perhaps you can enlighten me as to what exactly it is that the organization taught in respects to the pyramid that so prejudices the mind against this subject.

The Society doesn't say much about the Pyramid, unless it is in a historical setting, referring to the past and what was taught and the new light they received on a particular subject. So I can't speak for other xjws. Perhaps you can just ask them, when the subject comes up.

It was in 1928 that Judge Rutherford wrote an article on the Great Pyramid in which he referred to it as being "built by Satan", it was then rejected, and caused another split in the movement, especially among the Morton's 

Broken2 Wrote:Nevertheless I wish to make it abundantly clear, that I fully agree that one can receive everything necessary both in the knowledge and in the graces of our Lord Jesus (i.e. the Divine Plan, for our Lord is the embodiment of that plan) straight from the scriptures without knowing anything in regards to the pyramid, this is a proven fact, the Great Pyramid serves only as a collaborating witness to the testimony of the scriptures and is given as a bonus to those who would receive its testimony at this time. The world will likewise receive its testimony in due time “in that day” i.e. the millennial day.

That's all I'm saying!

Lord bless!

RR
12-03-2017, 11:00 AM,
(11-28-2017, 11:37 PM)Broken2 Wrote: Welcome to the forum Berean.

Thank you Broken2